Youth Network MaMa in a non-governmental umbrella organization combining 50 organizations that run youth centres or are active in field of youth work in Slovenia.
MaMa Network was established as a non-formal network in 2001 at the initiative of youth centres by the bottom-up approach, meaning that it was created as a response to the needs of youth centres to have a networking umbrella organisation. Its main purpose is to connect youth centres and represent their interests in relation to government sector, decision makers and other stakeholders. It regularly cooperates with local and national stakeholders in order to create measures and policies that would improve the position of young people in society.
With its operation the MaMa Network:
- Connects organizations performing their activities of youth centres or operating in the field of youth work in Slovenia;
- Represents common interests of its members in relation to government sector;
- Regularly informs members and other interested public on all activities concerning youth and youth work;
- Organizes meetings and encourages communication and project interaction between members;
- Offers professional help to members;
- Provides non-formal education for youth and youth workers;
- Encourages and promotes creative activities of youth;
- By carrying out different national and international projects it is also strengthening youth centres and youth work on a local level.
With its activities the Youth Network MaMa stimulates and promotes creative activities of the youth and emphasizes the principles of tolerance, cooperation and at the same time social awareness among the Club MaMa members and the wider public.